Monday, November 12, 2007

rap songs and sex

I just read the article about how rap songs encourage early sex. I have to disagree. The lyrics in a rap song would make me want nice cars and a lot of money, not have sex. While the videos may arouse a young person i dont believe it drives them to have sex. The lyrics are very suggestive but about drugs and alcohol. Dont get me wrong, there are some songs that talk about sex but i dont see it as a pressure to have sex. I listen to rap music alot and i guess i have a bias because i dont see it that way. I feel that most mature young people who listen to rap have already established themselves and know who they are. Its the parents job to watch those 15 and younger. I feel the parents have a lot to do with how their kids act and use music as an excuse.

No comments: