Thursday, November 1, 2007

Axe

I find that the axe commercials are hilarious. Im a huge fan of axe, i think it smells great. But after you showed the video in class of what they have on their website, i found it to be overboard. I felt it portrayed women to be stupid and animalistic. At first it was funny but i looked beyond the comedy to find it completely unamusing. It reminded of rap videos where women are viewed as nothing but a piece of meat. I also found it interesting that the company who produces these ads also campaigns for dove. I know its a business but as a company you must have some sort of ethical and moral boundaries. They advertise for complete opposite ends of the spectrum. I feel as a company they are about making money and dont know who they are personally.

No comments: